County Home


State of Ohio Veteran's Resource Guide

Franklin County Veterans Service Commission

City of Columbus Resources

Military Veterans Resource Center


Veteran Apprentice Program - Ohio Department of Transportation

Veteran Apprenticeship Program - Ohio Department of Transportation

Franklin County Tresurer's Office

  • Health Care & Prescriptions - 1-877-222-8387
  • Disability Benefits - 1-800-827-1000
  • Dependent's and Survivors' Benefits - 1-800-827-1000
  • Home Loans - 1-800-827-1000


Central Ohio Veterans have access to state-of-the-art health care at the Chalmers P. Wylie Outpatient Clinic, which provides "a full range of ambulatory healthcare services." It is located at 543 Taylor Avenue, Columbus, OH, 43203. You can call the Clinic at 614-257-5200.

The Columbus Vet Center #221 (located at 30 Spruce Street) provides counseling and benefits assistance to eligible Veterans and their families. You can call the Vet Center at 614-257-5550.

Federal Government

The Department of Veterans Affairs provides "primary care, specialized care, and related medical and social support services." Their website is: To view a fact sheet on "VA Health Care and the Medical Benefits Package," go to:

My HealtheVet is the Veterans Health Administration's Health Portal. Via the Internet, it allows Veterans and their families to access "health information, tools and services anywhere in the world." To visit this portal, you can go to:

To obtain "A Summary of VA Benefits" from the Department of Veteran's Affairs," go to: State of Ohio The Governor's Office of Veterans Affairs coordinates with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and oversees the 88 County Veterans Service offices in Ohio. It is also responsible for the Ohio Veterans Plaza and the Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame, and works with many other organizations to provide information and assistance to Veterans. Call 614-644-0898 or visit their website:

The Veteran's Service Division of the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services provides information on programs and services for Veterans. Visit their website: or call 1-800-253-4060.

Franklin County

Veterans may safeguard their important discharge papers at no cost. Original documents or certified copies of military discharge certificates and DD-214 forms may be presented for filing in the Franklin County Recorder's office. For more information, call 614-525-3930 or visit their website: